How to Replace the INFINITI Key Fob Battery
When you purchase a luxury INFINITI at our showroom near San Antonio, you can expect luxury features like INFINITI Intelligent Key and remote start. What happens when your key fob battery dies? We have a few easy steps to follow when replacing your INFINITI key fob battery.
What Kind of Battery Goes in the INFINITI Key Fob?
Before you start, make sure you have the correct replacement battery available. The type of key fob you get indicates the battery needed. An INFINITI Key Fob requires a CR2025 type battery, while a key fob designed for the INFINITI Intelligent Key requires a CR2032 battery. Visit our parts center to make sure you have the correct battery for your model.
INFINITI Key Battery Replacement Steps
- Press the release tab on the back of your key fob to remove the metal car key.
- Once you have removed the metal key and the release tab, open the small panel located underneath it. You should see the INFINITI key fob battery housing. We recommend using a flathead screwdriver with a small amount of tape around the end to avoid scratching or damaging your fob in the process.
- Replace the dead battery with the new one, make sure you position the positive side face-down in the fob.
- Reattach the small panel that you removed earlier in the process, and then reinsert the metal key along with the release tab.
- You’re ready to drive!
INFINITI Key Fob Troubleshooting
Are you have problems with your push-button start or key fob keyless entry remote? We have a few tips and tricks to troubleshoot the problem and get you back on the San Marcos streets:
- If your vehicle isn’t starting, the key fob battery could be low. Holding the key fob closer to the start button reduces the energy needed to send a signal.
- If you can’t start the car using push-button start, the issue could be more than just the key fob battery. Replace the INFINITI key battery first, but if the problem continues, you will need to schedule a service appointment to have the vehicle’s battery inspected.
- If the INFINITI key battery is dead, you can use the metal key in the back of your key fob to start the vehicle and lock and unlock doors.
Visit the INFINITI of Boerne Service Center for Help
If you’re running into issues, the certified technicians at the INFINITI of Boerne service center are here to help! Contact us online, or drop by during service hours, and we will get your key fob working again. We’ll get you back on the road in New Braunfels in no time!
More From INFINITI of Boerne
When you want a high-performance sedan to enhance your drives around the San Antonio area, consider the 2020 INFINITI Q50 at INFINITI of Boerne near New Braunfels. This luxury sedan offers five configurations with superior performance and standard amenities that are sure to impress. Learn More View Inventory INFINITI Q50 Price by Trim Level INFINITI of Boerne has your look at…
The three-row INFINITI QX60 can pack in plenty of passengers and cargo for your San Antonio travels, but can it tow? The 2020 INFINITI QX60 towing capacity reaches up to 5,000 pounds when properly equipped, which unlocks brand new possibilities for the roads ahead. From camping trips in New Braunfels to lakeside adventures near San Marcos, the QX60…
The 2020 INFINITI QX80 has been lauded by customers and critics alike for its bold V8 power and muscular styling, but how fuel-friendly is this SUV on the San Antonio roads? The INFINITI QX80 fuel economy reflects state-of-the-art engineering, blending high-octane power with a smooth and efficient performance. Take a look at what the INFINITI QX80…